B is for babyshower

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A few weeks ago, my sisters and mom threw me the most beautiful baby shower. Set set in my parents' garden on a perfect, sunny winter's afternoon, it was such a special day for me and I felt completely spoiled and loved.

Some pics of the women in my family - my gran, my mom, my sisters and my beautiful niece Honor. It is so funny to see pics of my belly then. I thought it was huge at the time but compared to now it looks (relatively) small! (PS. I always laugh at the heart on the belly pic so we jokingly took one and I admit I kind of like it - hee hee). 

A long table was set up under a giant oak tree with winter blooms in muted colours, vintage linen table clothes and a mixture of teacups.

My sisters and mom made all the food (!) and it was quite delicious. From delectable cakes, to dainty sandwiches, to a deconstructed cheesecake. Oh yum!

MY sisters are the queens of craft and in their eyes, no party is complete without activities. Perfect for a baby shower. Friends wrote on nappies so in the middle of the night when we are changing the babes we can get a little message of support. Build-a-bib entailed transforming plain white bibs into custom pieces with buttons and fabric and iron on pictures. And then there was an alphabet book and each guest had to illustrate a letter. I will have a wonderful time reading it to the twins, particularly letters like "C is for champagne" and "B is for Birkin."

Thanks to all my friends that came - your support and love mean so much to me, and the twinlets are lucky to have you as part of their lives. To my friends that could not make it, and those living in far away places, you were missed and I hope to introduce the babes to you sooner rather than later.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Bailey you look beautiful with your big belly. I always love reading your blog and can't wait to read about the twins when they are born. ; )

    We are thinking of you in the last few weeks left and hope you getting lots of sleep in..

    Sending love from Australia.
    E, L & C xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Elaine - thanks so much for reading. And thanks for the thoughts - it is very soon now! Love to you all xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful day for a beautiful Mamma to be. So glad I could share this special day with you.

    Love you and the beautiful twinlets

    T xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't have been the same without you there special friend x

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger