There are some things in life you never imagined yourself doing. Preparing for our twinkies to arrive has brought upon quite a few of those:
1. Installing two car seats in the back of the car and crying about it. Fear not, they were not tears of sadness, perhaps a few of overwhelmed-ness but mostly because the sight of these two seats literally tugs at my heart.
2. Watching the husband build two cots on a Friday night. Now although the husband lived in London for a good while, he somehow never built IKEA furniture (!?). Watching him build our two IKEA cots made me look at him differently, perhaps it was the first glance of his impending role as a dad? Whatever it was I think it made me love him even a bit more than I already did. Seeing two cots set up in our nursery was also a very real indicator that there would be two real babes in those two cots.
3. Snuggling up with two soft bunnies at the age of thirty. No, this is not for my own comfort (although it is undoubtedly comforting I will admit). The idea behind sleeping with these bunnies is so they can smell like me in the instance that one or both of our babes has to go to ICU. Smell is a baby's strongest sent and since they already know my smell, the bunnies will feel somewhat familiar to them if we have to be separated.
4. Receiving two big, beautiful bunches of flowers. One the day we found out we I was pregnant with twins, my mom sent these two bouquets to our apartment. I was feeling on top of the world and it was such a lovely thing to come home to.
5. Being doubly spoilt by my wonderful family and friends. I am really touched as how generous people have been to us - giving us not only one of a gift but two! Not to mention all the kind words of support and thoughts from my lovely readers :)
1. Installing two car seats in the back of the car and crying about it. Fear not, they were not tears of sadness, perhaps a few of overwhelmed-ness but mostly because the sight of these two seats literally tugs at my heart.
2. Watching the husband build two cots on a Friday night. Now although the husband lived in London for a good while, he somehow never built IKEA furniture (!?). Watching him build our two IKEA cots made me look at him differently, perhaps it was the first glance of his impending role as a dad? Whatever it was I think it made me love him even a bit more than I already did. Seeing two cots set up in our nursery was also a very real indicator that there would be two real babes in those two cots.
3. Snuggling up with two soft bunnies at the age of thirty. No, this is not for my own comfort (although it is undoubtedly comforting I will admit). The idea behind sleeping with these bunnies is so they can smell like me in the instance that one or both of our babes has to go to ICU. Smell is a baby's strongest sent and since they already know my smell, the bunnies will feel somewhat familiar to them if we have to be separated.
4. Receiving two big, beautiful bunches of flowers. One the day we found out we I was pregnant with twins, my mom sent these two bouquets to our apartment. I was feeling on top of the world and it was such a lovely thing to come home to.
5. Being doubly spoilt by my wonderful family and friends. I am really touched as how generous people have been to us - giving us not only one of a gift but two! Not to mention all the kind words of support and thoughts from my lovely readers :)

Such a beautiful post x
ReplyDeleteAwww...this is so exciting. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThank-you Mrs Pancakes! x
DeleteI love this post! Double the love. I cant wait to meet them xxx
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. The journey just gets better and better. So much love x
ReplyDeleteThanks Shanon! Getting very excited for the next steps x
DeleteOh so beautiful. Those car seats break my heart in the best way possible. I cannot wait to see those little beauties in them. xx
ReplyDelete