The cubs' nest

Monday, July 22, 2013

Our spare room (I should probably say store room/junk room/ anything we can't find a place for in our apartment room) has been transformed into our little babes' nursery (with the help of fairy aunts and a fairy grandmother). It feels magical to me and I find myself sitting in there picturing it filled with two little souls, little sounds, little heart beats, cries, and smells, tiny bodies, and a whole lot of love. 

We didn't "decorate" the room as such. We don't know if the twins are boys or girls or both and I didn't want any particular theme. I just used things and pictures we already had, and mixed them together with things we were given. I like that it is peaceful, calm and uncluttered (let's see how long it stays that way!)


Thick blankets over cots from Woolworths

A collection of alphabets I've found over the years

Embroidered goodnight prayer from my mom and a golden elephant from Cheska's wedding

The deer head was a birthday gift to Jan-Jan from Paris, and I bought the Manhattan print ages ago when I was still living in NY

An old chair from my gran, reupholstered in fabric from The Design Team; I bought the spotty blanket when I was in London last year; and my mom bought me the bunny cushion from a little interior store in Craighall

A springbokkie paper mobile I bought at Kamers last year

Repainted shelves filled with gift for the twins

Chalkboard labels in the cupboard from The Selection

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger