I am 35 weeks pregnant this week. Which means the babes will be arriving so soon. It is quite a thing walking around in public with my giant twin dome. Many stare and often comment - I don't mind but feel I should have at T shirt that says "It's twins people."
I can't imagine that my bump can get even bigger but I am hoping to keep the twinlets in for at least another 2 or 3 weeks to make sure they are as healthy and strong as possible. How do I plan on doing this?
1. Talk to the babies (it is much warmeer and calmer in there that out here in this crazy world)
2. Walk very slowly. I am like a giant ship in the night.
3. Keep driving and outings to a minimum - then feet up and rest
4. Stay calm. And breathe.
5. Stop yoga (Note - This was a hard decision as yoga has really helped me throughout my pregnancy but I am listening to my instincts. If I was pregnant with one I am sure I would be doing downward dogs until I went into labour. But I am at risk of these babes coming early, squats, hip openers and cervix softening visualisations made me a bit concerned.)
These are easier said than done. I still have a to-do list that keeps growing - you know all that admin that you keep putting off until you realise that if you don't sort it out now you will never get a chance to do it? Besides, sorting out admin does nothing for ones nerves - my medical aid actually made me cry today after being on the phone for the better part of an hour. The nursery is still not done (roping in my sister/mom team this weekend to finish up). And the bags are not packed! (I don't think my last minute packing technique will be suited to this situation). And our name search continues...
Beyond all these practical things, the thought of two babies arriving is not exactly calm-inducing either. Two babies! TWO. Arriving on earth in just two or three weeks to change our lives forever. Joy. Excitement. Fear. Hope. Love. Anxiety. Peace. Worry. Happiness. Nerves. Amazement. Love. Excitement. Take your pick...
PS. Check out our my maternity shoot on Emma Jane Nation (I can't believe how tiny my bump was then). Thank-you Emma for a lovely post :)

AH you are looking fantastic! I think your plan all sounds good and I wish you the very best these last few weeks! I'm 32 weeks over here and can identify with all your sentiments.. and I am only expecting one.
ReplyDeleteRock on you ship in the night!!
Thank-you Laura! What a special time this is - wishing you all the best for your last couple of weeks. And so pleased to have found your blog :) x
DeleteSo beautiful and so exciting! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHi Liza! Thanks so much. xx
Delete