Garden wonderland

Sunday, April 21, 2013

When we were in the Cape, the husband and I (finally!) visited Babylonstoren. And it lived up to any expectation I had - a magical garden filled with varieties of fruits and veggies I had never heard of, multiple different gardens of glowing produce, and set up in such a way that we felt we were wondering through a secret garden, a stumbled-upon gem that made me want to get planting.

We didn't eat at the acclaimed Babel (it is closed on Mondays) but had a light lunch at the Glaskas which is located inside a greenhouse. The menu was simple, the food was scrumptious and I particularly liked the fresh juice choice - red, green or yellow. Any fresh fruit and vegs ripe for picking and corresponding with the colour is added to the juice.

I left Babylonstoren inspired - inspired by the simplicity of this well established location. Inspired by the way everything is grown in their expansive gardens that you are free to wonder through, and inspired by the creativity that comes through in every element of the experience.

 Map of the gardens

 Entrance to the gardens

 Babel, the main restaurant




Inside the Glaskas

Food served in these trays

 Menus

My red juice

 Bread all wrapped up




 Strawberries galore

 Cactus garden



 Delectable breads from the deli

 Of course the store was filled with many things you want to take home - including their beautiful recipe book, silk scarves, cow face bowls and glassware

Bread oven

 Fromagerie

Deli meats (how gorgeous are those tiles)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger