While I am a big fan of (and pinner!) on Pinterest, I seldom go further than a pin. In other words, I don't attempt to replicate the amazing things that inspire me to save them on my collection of online pin boards.
However, yesterday was one of those right-place-right-time scenarios where I came across this delicious looking salad just as I was about to pop out to do my Woolies shopping. It looked quick and easy and healthy and delicious (four requirements for me in the kitchen). It turned out so well in fact that I have saved the recipe away in my actual recipe book and will be replicating it for my book club dinner next week.
ginger, citrus + black sesame carrots w/ edamame and avocado salad - head on over to The First Mess for the Recipe
PS. Woolies had no sesame seeeds, fresh garlic, limes or organges. I substituted the seseame seeds with seed mix, I used pre-crushed garlic instead of fresh garlic, I substituted lime juice for lemon juiceand I left out the organge juice altogether (one has to get a bit creative when groccery shopping in one shop over a quick office break). We also added in chicken breast. It still tasted yummy :)
However, yesterday was one of those right-place-right-time scenarios where I came across this delicious looking salad just as I was about to pop out to do my Woolies shopping. It looked quick and easy and healthy and delicious (four requirements for me in the kitchen). It turned out so well in fact that I have saved the recipe away in my actual recipe book and will be replicating it for my book club dinner next week.
ginger, citrus + black sesame carrots w/ edamame and avocado salad - head on over to The First Mess for the Recipe
PS. Woolies had no sesame seeeds, fresh garlic, limes or organges. I substituted the seseame seeds with seed mix, I used pre-crushed garlic instead of fresh garlic, I substituted lime juice for lemon juiceand I left out the organge juice altogether (one has to get a bit creative when groccery shopping in one shop over a quick office break). We also added in chicken breast. It still tasted yummy :)


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete