I find these mini sculptures on the tips of pencils fascinating. The artist is Dalton Ghetti, a carpenter by trade, who said he "wanted to challenge myself by trying to make things as small as possible. I experimented sculpting with different materials, such as chalk, but one day I had an eureka moment and decided to carve into the graphite of a pencil." He uses a sewing needle, a razor blade and a scuplting knife to create these pieces and, unfortunately, he has never sold his work (I would love one of these curious objects to add to my collection of curiosities). The longest he spent on one piece was two and a half years which was a pencil with interlining chains. But most peices take several months.
See more of his work and read about it here.
See more of his work and read about it here.






0 comments:
Post a Comment