thank-you

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Today is Thanksgiving in America so to all my American readers (hi!) Happy Thanksgiving! This is one of my favourite holidays as it is all about family, food, and reflecting on all that you are thankful for. While we don't recognise it here in South Africa, I like to unofficially celebrate it on Bury & Discover (see Thanksgiving 2010 and 2011), because, like most of you reading this, I feel pretty blessed when I know there are poeple out there who are fighting big struggles, who are hungry and lonely.





The twinkle in my niece's eye.
Looming thunderstorms on sweltering days.
Full moons.
Fresh veggies picked from our garden.
Reading a book that you can't put down.
My crazy, wonderful sisters and my parents (always!).
Thinking I finished my stash of peanut butter Lindt balls and then finding one last one.
Long, newsy emails from my gran that make me laugh out aloud.
The rambunctious city of Jo'burg that keeps me on my toes.
Those magical moments of unexpected inspiration.
A weekend with no plans, and those busy ones filled up with people that that add to life.
My husband and fellow adventurer.
Learning something. Making something.
A pair of pants that fits you perfectly.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comments:

  1. I am still amazed how much that little pumpkin beauty face looks like you.Aah, so much to be thankful for...You! Definitely on the list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger