Tiger post-scandal

Monday, April 12, 2010

Tiger Woods is back in the public. His return to golf saw him coming tie 4th in the Masters and I am very pleased he did not win. His first non-golf post-scandal appearance is in the form of his fist post-scandal Nike ad. In the commercial, Tiger is questioned by his late father as he stares, woefully, into the camera: "I want to find out what your thinking was, I want to find out what your feelings are, and, did you learn anything?"


I understand Nike's predicament: do they abandon one of their star endorsers or do they bring out an ad to try and address the issue? They clearly went with the latter. I personally think it's wrong to bring Tiger back into adverts and make money from his actions. If he still has apologizing to do, and I have no doubt he does, then a corporate platform is not the place to do it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger