As you can imagine I am completely obsessed with the twins. I want to see them everyday, all day. I pop around to Bailey's home as often as I can - I am so lucky to not need invites, I even have a key. Of course, like an sister to a new mama and aunt to new babies I never like to arrive empty handed. So here is my list of (what I think are) cool deliveries for new parents.
Tubs of Haagen Dazs ice cream. I know Bailey's favourite is double chocolate, of course! And this is a super easy gift as not only is the Haagen Dazs store at Hyde Park shopping center but they also sell the cups at the Petrol station on the corner of Jan Smuts and Jellico.
A comfy top for mama. I like this one, how cute is the deer. But I found a lovely one at Woolworths. I often think the mama must get tired of her wardrobe but obviously not in the mood for something fancy... a new comfort top is almost like a luxury!
Nappies! Not exciting but definitely a necessity! (Make sure you find out the mama's brand choice first).
Obviously some little things for the babe are a must. Etsy has the most lust-worthy onsies and baby leggings around, but I also love Cotton On's selection.
Nail polish and willingness to paint! Baby asleep let the new mama relax and paint her nails for her.
A mantra for a new mama. Like "you're awesome" or "you rule the world"
Comfort food in the form of frozen meals. I recently dropped off two frozen meals for a new mama and she told me it was the best gift she received since having her babe!
Fresh flowers. Say no more! Woolies is importing Peonies at the moment which are just the most delicious flower around!
Some new tiny distractions for the tinies... think of car rides or pram walks. I love this little guy.
Fresh lemonade. YUM! Or a stock up on coffee.
Tubs of Haagen Dazs ice cream. I know Bailey's favourite is double chocolate, of course! And this is a super easy gift as not only is the Haagen Dazs store at Hyde Park shopping center but they also sell the cups at the Petrol station on the corner of Jan Smuts and Jellico.
A comfy top for mama. I like this one, how cute is the deer. But I found a lovely one at Woolworths. I often think the mama must get tired of her wardrobe but obviously not in the mood for something fancy... a new comfort top is almost like a luxury!
Nappies! Not exciting but definitely a necessity! (Make sure you find out the mama's brand choice first).
Obviously some little things for the babe are a must. Etsy has the most lust-worthy onsies and baby leggings around, but I also love Cotton On's selection.
Nail polish and willingness to paint! Baby asleep let the new mama relax and paint her nails for her.
A mantra for a new mama. Like "you're awesome" or "you rule the world"
Comfort food in the form of frozen meals. I recently dropped off two frozen meals for a new mama and she told me it was the best gift she received since having her babe!
Fresh flowers. Say no more! Woolies is importing Peonies at the moment which are just the most delicious flower around!
Some new tiny distractions for the tinies... think of car rides or pram walks. I love this little guy.
Fresh lemonade. YUM! Or a stock up on coffee.


Found this lovely online shop a while ago and saw the other day that they have some really cute bunny onesies for babies :) Might also be a nice gift - http://hellopretty.co.za/mican/bunny-onesies xx
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful ideas. I would love it all, and the frozen lasagna... yes and yes
ReplyDelete