Welcome to a world of food

Monday, January 27, 2014

Last week I introduced the twins to solids as they are six months old. An exciting prospect, yet one which wrenched my heart. For nine months in the womb, and 24 weeks outside in the world, my babes have been nourished only by my body. I loved that I was the only one that can feed them. I resisted bottles when at times that would have been easier as night after night I was the only one who could answer their cries. It was our own little world that no one else could enter. And now it's time for them to take this next step. To taste the wonders of food. To try textures and tastes on slippery little tongues.

 



I took these pictures on the day my babes had their first taste of solids. Sweet potato was the food of choice. Steamed and blended into a yummy purée of light golden deliciousness. I loved watching them taking their first mouthfuls, opening up to new tastes. The reactions were true to their personalities - Anna was slow and deliberate in experiencing this new sensation, even though she has been so curious about any food I have eaten. She thought about it. Tasted it slowly and neatly. And then took a few small mouthfuls, carefully assessing each suck of the spoon. Although the expression on Florence's lips may have indicated otherwise, she enjoyed the food with vigor. Her hands grabbed the spoon, fingers were in the mouth, toes were in fingers and soon we were wiping sweet potato from all sorts of nooks and crannies.

Welcome to a wonderful part of life my cubs - Food, glorious food.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! So glad they enjoyed it - they look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look adorable and so happy! I'm so happy for you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats what a special moment:):)Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brings back memories, I have a 17 month year old child. Its an amazing time and goes so fast. Good luck for the future and keep us updated. Amazing photos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger