Twin reactions

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The twinlets are 19 weeks this weeks. Which is the twin world is half way through the pregnancy. Which in my world is a scary thought and very real indication of how quickly time speeds by when you start to measure it in weeks.

Me and the twinlets at 18.5 weeks.

It has been fun telling friends and strangers (yip, I've voluntarily told random strangers that I am pregnant with twins - sometimes I just can't keep it in and act normal) over the last few weeks. People are so excited when we tell them I am pregnant but the reactions we get to the news are that we are expecting twins vary range from envy to down right terror.
  • Closed eyes and no words (sometimes I think they are saying a silent prayer for us)
  • Very wide eyes
  • "How on earth are you goign to carry two babies in there?" (I ask myself this question too but I believe you get the babies you are meant to carry and so far so good)
  • "Rather you than me"
  • "You are goign to be HUGE" (Thanks for that boost to my self esteem)
  • "Two for the price of one" (Price of one? Do they have any idea what it is like to carry TWO babies? And what about the price of buying twin prams, two cots, two high chairs, to car seats, I could go on...)
  • "I would hate to have twins" (Well that's nice, thanks)
  • "You are so lucky" (One of the better ones)
  • "At least you can get them over and done with" (This one comes up the most and I really don't understand it. Why would you have kids to get it over and done with? Children are a life long commitment. And maybe I don't want to get it over and done with like it is some obligation and not a choice...)
My parents' domestic worker, Letti, who has been in our family since I can remember gave it to me straight as she herself is a mother of twins. She said I will have no sleep, they will be  impossible, I will probably never be dressed above the waistline (!?), and she wants nothing to do with them (with a wink in her eye). That was pretty refreshing.

Anyway, I am super excited about two and can't even imagine the prospect of only having one now. I am amazed to think there are two tinies (the size of mangoes!) growing into little humans right inside of me. ***

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Bails congrats angel! <3 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Jaxies! My special little project xox

      Delete
  2. How funny! I love how everybody always seems to have the need to give pregnant woman advise on everything...

    P.s love your blogs!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins are the best news for the aunt-to-be! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! This is such amazing news! I am obsessed with twins - I know people always say it's crazy to want them, but I really would love twins one day!
    Hopefully it's in the "Bailey" genes! HAHA!
    Congrats again and enjoy every moment!
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you miss Bailey! I am pretty excited about these two tiny beings (daunted, but excited!) xx

      Delete
  5. Hi there Bailey,

    Can't remember how I came across your blog, but have been following it for over a year now :)

    Think it is an amazing blessing to have twins - sure there'll be tough times, as it goes with raising kids - but have always thought that there must be something incredibly special about two little ones that grow up exploring the world side by side, sharing the special moments of life. Like siblings, but even better!

    And also, like you said - you & your husband will be blessed with exactly the right children for both of you & you'll have exactly what it takes to raise them.

    Pray you have a great pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina. Sorry for the late reply! I am so pleased you enjoy B&D - thanks so much for reading. And for the well wishes with the twins! Much appreciated as we head into this unknown adventure. x

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger