NY in a month

Thursday, September 20, 2012

This time next month I will be strolling down my favourite streets, satisfying many cravings, and lapping up the city. The air will be crispy and the pavements scattered with orange leaves.  I am picturing leisurely mornings at Cafe Gitane, NY Magazine in hand, husband on the arm, and people watching like now where on earth. But then I remember that nothing is particularly leisurely about New York. Mad rush dash hop scotch jump run duck run run run. Cool coats and hot boots. Bright lips. Steaming drinks will be a must - I am thinking a morning coffee from 9th Street Espresso or Abraco where the same guy with mad crazy grey hair will be serving coffee 3 years later.

{available here}

I have already planned my first meal - we land early in the morning and will head to Freemans for a brunch of bloody Marys and artichoke dip. Hungry just thinking about it. Pork buns from Momofuku. Burgers from the good old Spotted Pig. We have friends to see and babies to meet (one due to be born on the day we arrive!), bridges to cross, and things to buy, and things to see and smell and do and eat. New tastes to be tasted, drinks to be sipped, suns to set and rise, and adventures to be had...

I love going back to NY. A place I once called home. Everything changes while I am away. And yet is exactly the same.

Can. Not. Wait.

2 comments:

  1. I love Abraco and their olive shortbread. Now I want to go right back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it delish! Now I am craving some too x

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger