September

Monday, September 3, 2012

{via here}

YAY for a new month! And I think September may just be one of my favourites. 

It is a month of big milestones, new beginnings and endings too.
It is National Braai Day (also known as a Monday off work!).
It's T's birthday (and T is pretty awesome.
Each day gets imperceptibly warmer and longer, the greens become deeper, and blossoms start to appear on every grey street corner of our sweet little neighbourhood.
Johannesburg is beautiful in Spring.
The yearning for the first rain becomes palatable. Which makes that first rain all the more sweeter.
Sweaters turn into cardigans...

The other day I came across this blog post (from my first blog!) I wrote when I was living in NY.  And while Johannesburg and NY are miles apart, and season opposites, September is reminiscent of that skip-out-the-door feeling I get whenever Winter ends.

"Spring finally arrived in NYC today. Now I hate to think I have been reduced to blogging about the weather but spring is more than just sunshine. As dramatic as it sounds I feel like a new person. In a good way. In fact it seems as if the entire city (and its inhabitants) metamorphosed over night. Hard winter exteriors were shed. Smiles abound. The tulips are out, the parks are fill, the coats are packed away and warm weather clothes are making their debut (which, after being wrapped in layers for months, can make for some interesting sights…). Despite my pale skin’s testimony to the contrary, my roots lie firmly in the southern hemisphere- I was just not programmed to dress in multiple layers without looking like a bergie.  But today spring changed all that and I donned a pretty summer dress topped off with a spring trench and literally skipped out the door.
Happy spring!
"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger