Happy Thanksgiving

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving dear readers. Whether you celebrate the US tradition or not, I think Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday to remember all the blessings you have in life, to spend time with your family and to eat delicious, home cooked food.

I remember my first Thanksgiving in the states I was invited to spend the holiday with a friend (check out her super successful blog Beauty Sweet Spot) and her family in New Jersey. They welcomed me with open arms, glasses of champagne and pumpkin with marshmallow (!).  I have been a fan ever since and love keeping the tradition alive in South Africa (although instead of cooking pumpkin pie, tonight I am celebrating the festive season with my bookclub).

Because family is right up there with things to be thankful for, I have dedicated this post to just that.

Paul, Linda and their girls


The Thompson family in Brooklyn, 2009

And again in Amsterdam, 2009


Jane Birkin, Lou Doillon, Serge Gainsbourg and Charlotte Gainsberg, 1985

Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg with Kate and Charlotte on holiday in Saint Tropez, 1972

How genetics work

Self portrait of photographer Tom Palumbo with first wife Kate Johnson and friends

Angelica Huston, Terry Richardson, and Bob

What are you thankful for?
xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger