Would you move to Braamfontein?

Monday, March 15, 2010

I saw this loft apartment in House and Leisure a few months ago and just came across it again in this NY Times article. Jo'burg born and bred Adam Levy bought a Braamfontein office block back in 2003 and has converted it into 7 loft apartments- including his own 2 floor pentouse on the top. Not only do I love Adam's apartment (wouldn't you want to wake up with that view over the city) but I love that he is passionate about revitalizing downtown Jo'burg!

Terrace over looking the Nelson Mandela Bridge

Open-plan living room, dining room and kitchen

Functional kitchen

Main bedroom, bed designed by South African based Martin Horn

Paintings by South African artist Andrew Hollis

Rooftop over looking downtown Jozi, chairs from Jeremy Stephens Antiques

Mosaic bathroom, bath and basin by Philippe Starck

1 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger