guest post: stay-cation

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The husband arrives home from the Karoo today and I am whisking him off on a three day, surprise stay-cation! Some (read my husband) think holidays in your home town are a (and I quote) "waste of money" or "pointless" but I think they are super romantic! I've packed our things and am heading to the hotel this afternoon before he even arrives home. I'm going to sms him that he must meet me in room xxx. What do you think?

I am looking forward to some hotel pampering, movie nights and dinner dates. Lazy days by a fancy pool and breakfast room service.


ps. I chose the Hyde Park hotel for a few reasons:
i. Its really and truly a stay-cation because it's literally 5 minutes form our home
ii. The hotel has breathtaking views over Jo'burg, so whether by the pool or in bed we will enjoy the city. 
iii. They make great cocktails and Don Pedros (my after dinner weakness). 
iv. The hotel is linked to Hyde Park shopping center which has a whole range of delish restaurants, movies and a beauty salon. 

1 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger