{via here}
The husband and I have not found out the sex of the twinlets. You would think it would be hard not to know, or to resist asking the doctor, but I am so excited about the two little surprises that await us I would actually be upset if I were to find out.
I have never wanted to find out the sex of my babe, so when I fell pregnant it was natural that we wouldn't. However, just after we were told we were having twins, we were driving back to work and my mind was rushing with a million thoughts and questions and fears and joys and I almost changed my mind. But the mind was not to be trusted in that state.
Call me old fashioned, but I like not knowing. I love thinking of my two babes as little beings just as they are, without assigning them a gender or an identity. I will dress my newborns in white either way and certainly wouldn't find out to help decorating decisions.
Of course I can't help but wonder if there are two girls inside me, or two boys, or one of each and I go through stages of "feelings." When I found out I was pregnant I was certain it was a boy. So initially I had very strong 2-boy feelings. Then I swung to one of each. I even had a few weeks of strong 2-girl feelings.
The husband is certain it's one of each. If I had to say I would say two boys (perhaps this is just to balance out the all-girl family I come from). My mom thought it was two girls at first, and definitely thinks they will be the same sex. So who knows!
Did you, or would you, find out the sex of your babe?

0 comments:
Post a Comment