Guest Post: Long Live McQueen and other fashionistas

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This past week seems to have been all about fashion in my mind although don't worry I am not completely closed off to current affairs and do actually know what is happening out of my small style bubble.

Of course the designer on everyone's lips was Surah Burton for Alexander McQueen since she was the chosen one to dress Kate Middleton.

Kate Middleton in McQueen (take 1)

Kate Middleton in McQueen (take 2) *Must be said: Although this dress is very pretty, I was hoping for something more wow for the second dress, maybe even something short?

Then of course there was The Met Gala: Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty Exhibition.

All in McQueen at The Met
Daphe Guinness, Hilary Rhoda, Anna Dello Russo, Sarah Jessica Parker, Karen Elson, Naomi Campbell, Salma Hayek and Gisele Bunchen

My favourite was Salma Heyek, I love assymetrical dresses at the moment and love how the draping goes into a rose.
I nearly dedicated this whole post to McQueen but I had to post a few of my other favourite looks:

Mirander Ker inMarchesa, image Kate wore something like this for her second dress!?
I kinda love Janelle Monae's Chanel look. Love black and white.
And although I am not a fan of Taylor Swift, I think this dress is sensational. As I have said I love assymetrical dresses so naturally I would love this one, but the lace takes the one shoulder to a whole new level.

As for the rest of the Royal Wedding, I was quite disappointed, apart from a few European Princesses no one really stood out for me, except of course Victoria Beckham who, in her own design from her AW2011 collection I think looks quite great. I also think that South African Charlene Wittstock looked so elegant in Akris.

{Photo sources here, here}

1 comments:

  1. Fashionista - you are awesome. Thanks for the round up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger