29/52

Wednesday, July 23, 2014


A portrait of my babes once a week in 2014 (51 weeks)

In the week leading up to your first birthday I've been thinking abut how you make time speed up. It is because every moment is full. Babies make you live in the present. The now. The newness of it. The busyness of it. Daily projects are short term - change two babies, feed lunch to two babies, bath two babies, get two babies dressed - within the grand life work of bringing up children. The future is palatable every day, a glimpse of the girl Anna will become from a photograph I snapped, the walking phase from Florence's standing practice. It accelerates time. I try and hold on as I can't fight the instant nostalgia that envelopes me as I now have to breathe in really deeply to smell catch that baby smell that's probably more in my mind than on dewy skin. Yet, at the same time I am delighting in the new now. The new present and the wonders that this day, at this stage, in this season bring.

1 comments:

  1. Oh darlings ......and nearly one whole year old! You are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger