I came across this blog post (from a blog which no longer exists) and was struck by the selected words of Hugh Prather from a book called Notes on Love and Courage. These three snippets of wisdom really resonated with me. Read them twice.
{via here}
''Is your first responsibility to yourself? The question is
misleading; that is, it misleads the person who takes it to heart. It's
like asking, must you shift your weight in order to walk. Of course
you must, but anyone who concentrates first on shifting his weight will
not walk well."
{via here}
''Are there any wholly useless encounters? I know this: there are no
insignificant people. There is no one who isn't supposed to be there.''
{via here}
''We need other people, not in order to stay alive, but to be fully
human: to be affectionate, funny, playful, to be generous. How genuine
is my capacity for love if there is no one for me to love, to laugh
with, to treat tenderly, to be trusted by? I can love an idea or a
vision, but I can't throw my arms around it. Unless there is someone to
whom I can give my gifts, in whose hands I can entrust my dreams, who
will forgive me my deformities, my aberrations, to whom I can speak the
unspeakable, then I am not human, I am a thing, a gadget that works but
has no ashes.''
Have a lovely week!
xoxo
Have a lovely week!
xoxo




0 comments:
Post a Comment