Happy Home Friday

Thursday, January 26, 2012

 {source}

Friday could not have come sooner for me. It was my first full week at work since quite a while and it does take some adjusting (for the mind, body and soul).

This week's Friday's post is all about the home. Because, through a friend, it so happened that our apartment is being featured in the living section of the Sunday Times this weekend. The theme is "decorating on a budget" and, being first time home owners, we fit the bill in terms of having to use imagination, creativity and wits to turn our apartment into a dream living space (this term is relative of course) for where you are right now. So if you buy the Sunday Times, look out for us. (Note: Although fun, this kind of thing always makes me nervous)
**UPDATE: Um, I got the date wrong (blush)... Will let you know when the right date when I know. 

So in the name of a beautiful living space I desire to create, here are a few links from around the web:

There are many pieces I want to nab from this apartment (including the zebra skin and the  large, Renaissance-inspired oil painting)

This paper mache bull head would make a perfect addition to my wall of horns

A fun idea for a framed map of the world

Angelika Taschen's black hallway just works

Imagine painting the outside of your house in dots

Gold + Eames... need I say more?

I love the idea of art in the bathroom

An entire room of reclaimed furniture

Kate Spade's colour-inspired decor pinboard

This deep blue bowl with gold inside would look at home in any kitchen (hello wishlist!)

It's amazing what a lick of white paint can do

A dream space (this image induces many day dreams)

Have a wonderful weekend pretty things, outside or in your homes.

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger