The city market

Thursday, August 26, 2010

While I didn't get to see much while I was in Kenya, I browsed through the City Market in downtown Nairobi in in between meetings. My bargaining techniques were apparently not very good (and there I was proud for getting the price down by 50 percent) but I love the beautiful goods I purchased: a handwoven throw, a turquoise kikoi, two cow horn bangles and two Masai bells. I was taken to the back of the store by the vendor, I sat down on the stool that was offered, I was handed a calculator and was told to type in the price I wanted. I don't think dealing in US$ helped me in the process. Next time I will be a bit more savvy (or just outsource the task to my bargaining-expert colleague).










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Please note:

{I try to credit all photos and link to their appropriate sources, if there any images here that are not credited correctly or you simply wish them to be removed, please email me and I will do so immediately}

Copyright © Bailey Liackman, buryanddiscover 2009-2013. Please do not use anything without crediting it's origins on your website or blog, including my photography.

bury & discover All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger