We went to a farm in Dullstroom for a week. I love that when you go away, normal routines slip away and the days seem to take on a rhythm of their own. I also love the way different family members just naturally take on different roles - bed time stories with Chessie, mealtimes with Francie Sugar, and driving with Human. k and we would start our mornings with you at the kitchen counter nibbling on rusks and helping prepare breakfast. After breakfast we would make our way to see the horses, which Anna named Angelpie Snowflake and Florence named Bow (as in take a bow) Snowflake. We would then go for a swim and meander back home for some home made apple pies (Anna with crea, Florence without). Our afternoon naps with us all on one bed would usually be accompanied by thunderstorms and incessant rain on the tin roof. Following a late lunch we would go for a walk in the hills, or around the dam, with you two snuggling up in the carriers.Evenings ran later as you helped papa with the fire, naps ran longer, and bathtime was an eventful affair joined by whoever was staying at that time (Kimmy, then granny nanny, and Chessie). In between you made mud pies and found fairies, you saw a rainbow and went on a row boat. It was a good week.
A note on horse riding: Although you were nervous of patting the horses, after the first day of visiting themAnna you said right away, and determinedly, that you were going to ride by yourself the next morning. Which you did. Florence, you started off riding with papa and the said half way through you would ride alone. Which you did. The pride in your faces made me beam as we walked along side you around the lawn. You then asked to go riding every morning! One morning papa and I went for a ride by ourselves while you stayed with Chessie and Human. I was misty and the horses were frisky and we galloped across the grasslands passed zebra and springbok and blesbok. It was magical and I cant wait until we can all go riding like that together.

Hands in pockets and littlr babes on big horses, I'm finished. xxx (tears in T's heart,as her heart breaks just a little at how beautifully you've grown.)
ReplyDelete